Software > Computer viruses and spyware

STill trying to get rid of virus

<< < (2/7) > >>

SuperDave:
Yes, the ComboFix log is a txt log. Did you look in the C: drive under Combofix? If you can't find it, could you please run it again.

Helpme220:
Hey SD, I keep running the combofix . It will run give me an hour glass then nothing . I searched several times it shows no text file .I disabled my shield protect from avg 8.5 and completly disabled my zonealarm firewall. i am also sunning antispyware and and malware software . Would that effect me getting my combofix text log?Should i just delete all my virus software and reinstall? I went in earlier and did a hijackthis scan and tried to fix checked the 018 browser hijacker . Still wont go away then searched again for the msiebbar file shows it s not there ,. I did another hijack this scan and i am attaching it . Thank you again getting tired of this
Help me 22o

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

SuperDave:

--- Quote ---Would that effect me getting my combofix text log?Should i just delete all my virus software and reinstall?
--- End quote ---

Not disabling your AV and Firewall should not prevent ComboFix from running. It just affects how it runs. By all means, don't delete your AV until I check with my mentor.

Download DDS from HERE or HERE or HERE and save it to your desktop.

Vista users right click on dds and select Run as administrator (you will receive a UAC prompt, please allow it)

* XP users Double click on dds to run it.
* If your antivirus or firewall try to block DDS then please allow it to run.
* When finished DDS will open two (2) logs.

1) DDS.txt
2) Attach.txt

* Save both logs to your desktop.
* Please copy and paste the entire contents of both logs in your next reply.

Note: DDS will instruct you to post the Attach.txt log as an attachment.
Please just post it as you would any other log by copy and pasting it into the reply.

Helpme220:
Okay ,  I tried the first link no page , Second link seemed to work . I downloaded to the desktop. I ran it first time it took five minutes and just would make a dash ,,,,,,,,,,,, . So I went and ran it a gain then the screen would just disappear . ran it again same thing . tried to go to last link to download just said it wouldn't run in dos. So now what ? I do have to say I am amazed by your patience I am ready to smash this thing . Also i am running mozilla fox for my browser , would that have anything to do with all these downloading problems ?Just  asking . Here you go sd hope you like a challenge

helpme 220

SuperDave:
Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.
Save Rkill to your desktop.

There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator

You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

Rkill.exe
Rkill.com
Rkill.scr
Rkill.pif

Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following.

Now download and Run exeHelper.

Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop.[*]Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix. A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed. A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com Attach the log.txt file to your next message.

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version