Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ASUS has good rebate system  (Read 2987 times)

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
ASUS has good rebate system
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
Just thought I'd share this. I bought an ASUS VH192D monitor at the end of November. A $30 rebate was part of the deal.  The rebate form obtained from newegg.com instructed me to register at asus.4myrebate.com.   The usual mail-in form, along with copy of receipt/invoice and original UPC was required.  The purpose of registering on asus.4myrebate.com is that the rebate submitter can be notified by email. 

Today, I received an email from them saying they have received my documentation.  The email has a link, with a tracking number embedded in the link, to a page where I can see the status of my rebate.  Now, I know the Internet is being used more and more for interaction with rebate submitters but I found a feature at asus.4myrebate.com that I had not seen before.  The tracking page for my rebate has a link to "Click Here to View Your Rebate Documentation".  Clicking the link opened a PDF file containing copies of all documentation I had mailed to them, including the front of the envelope. 

It's nice to have that visual confirmation in the PDF file that they have all my documentation.  Have any of you seen this technique used with your rebate submissions? 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:48:23 AM by soybean »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ASUS has good rebate system
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:21:43 PM »
heh, I've never bothered with rebates. But I feel like a hero because I'm part of the statistic that makes it financially viable for manufacturers to give mail-in rebates. :P
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.