Software > Computer viruses and spyware

PC Infected with 'popup' virus

(1/4) > >>

LynnJ:
Hello
I booted up my desktop last weekend and found that I just got a series of error messages everytime I tried to run any program eg "McAfee services has encountered a problem and needs to close". Disabling the startup items with the system configuration utility at least helped me to get into My Computer so I could view files. I can't access the internet and could not boot into Windows Safemode either via F8 or with system configuration utility.

A typical (cropped) screen dump is attached.

I followed the 'Malware removal steps with very limited success:

None of the Antivirus programs would run:
Avast due to no internet
AVG - 'something bad happened error message'
Antivir Personal - no Windows installer enabled

I had previously run A-squared and Combofix - logs are attached

I ran CCleaner as directed

SAS would not run due to no internet.

I got the dreaded popup when trying to run MBAM (see screen print)

Couldn't check / update Java due to no internet

Hijack This wouldn't run - again due to a popup

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks LynnJ

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

harry 48:
please try this

Hello and welcome to Computer Hope Forum. The first thing I will need you to do is to go to this link and follow the directions precisely.

If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected.

If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line.

If you can't run any step, just jump to the next one. Please let me know how you are doing or have any questions. Initially, We will need the SuperAntiSpyware, MBAM and HJT logs. Please post any logs that you can generate

LynnJ:
Harry
Thanks for your prompt reply. I had previously run through the procedure in the links but (as explained in my posting) I was not able to run SuperAntiSpyware, MBAM and HJT

SAS would not run due to no internet.

I got blocked from running MBAM (see screen print) and HJT due to the popup.

If I could somehow get the internet back again I can run SAS.

I am successfully using a good computer with a memory stick but was not aware previously of the shift key tip.

harry 48:
I am successfully using a good computer with a memory stick

if you can download sas ,mbam and hjt to it and run on your pc and post the logs

re-name mbam.exe to mbam2.exe and run

re-name hjt to sniper.exe and run

then try sas

evilfantasy:

--- Quote ---Command switches used :: /stepdel
--- End quote ---

Where did you get this fix from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version