Below is a listing of some of the more popular and commonly used HTML editors available today. Many of these programs have free trials that will allow a user to try before they buy, and some also are completely free editors.
- Amaya - An open-source HTML editor from the W3C which allows for WYSIWYG editing.
- Arachnophilia Editor - Free HTML editor that allows you to do almost everything including frames, drag and drop, CGI, Java, and much more.
- BBEdit - Innovative HTML editor for Macintosh users.
- Bluefish - An open-source HTML editior, mainly designed for programmers and developers, with support for numerous programming languages.
- Dreamweaver - Excellent and widely used HTML editor from the company Adobe.
- Hot Dog - Great program to help you create your first home page.
- HTML Kit - An HTML editor that can create web pages, as well as edit other types of text files.
- KompoZer - A free WYSIWYG editor that is designed to be easy for people to use.
- Microsoft Expression Web - A very easy and now free to use program that allows you to do everything within a WYSIWYG interface. Also includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools and the ability to preview in multiple web browsers.
- SiteSpinner Cloud - A good free WYSIWYG HTML editor.
- Wordpad or Notepad - Both programs come with Windows and can be used to create your web page by typing in the source code (which you can find in our HTML help section) and saving the file (as .htm). While this is harder to do, this is completely FREE and you do not have to download anything. To run these, either click on file and run, or click Start then run, type either wordpad or notepad, and press enter.