How to delete AutoComplete history
Note: This document is for users looking to delete the stored Autocomplete data such as user name, password, web address, search bars, and other data form fields. See the clearing the address bar history if you want to clear the Autocomplete information in the address bar.
Microsoft Internet Explorer users
To clear the AutoComplete Settings, follow the steps below.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools menu and then Internet Options.
- Within the Internet Options window, click the content tab.
- Click the Autocomplete button.
- Within this window you can click Clear forms to clear all form data except for passwords and click Clear Passwords to clear the passwords. In addition to clearing these fields, if you do not want Internet Explorer to save this data in the future, you may uncheck any of the available boxes in this window.
Mozilla Firefox users
To clear the Mozilla Firefox Saved Form Information follow the steps below.
- Open Firefox
- Click Tools and then Options
- Within the Options window click the Privacy button and click the Clear button on the Saved Form Information.