Unable to remove a program from Windows Add/Remove programs
Unable to remove a program from Windows Add/Remove programs.
Programs that have been manually removed by the user or other programs may cause Microsoft Windows Add/Remove programs to be unable to remove the program from the Add/Remove programs list. When this occurs, Microsoft Windows Add/Remove programs may generate the below error.
An error occurred while trying to remove program. Uninstallation has been canceled.
AnswerUsers can manually remove the program listing from Add/Remove programs by using Microsoft's TweakUI or deleting the entry from the registry.
- Install and open TweakUI.
- In TweakUI click the Add/Remove tab.
- Within the Add/Remove programs tab, select the programs you wish to remove and click the Remove button.
- Close TweakUI when done.
Note: be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.
- Click Start, Run and type regedit.
- Within the registry, open the below key.
- Within the above registry key, select the program you wish to uninstall from the right side of the window.