How disable or enable Internet Explorer's AutoComplete
The Internet Explorer AutoComplete feature can be enabled and disabled by following the steps below.
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window click the Content tab.
- Click the AutoComplete button.
- Check or uncheck the options you want to have or not have AutoComplete. Below is a brief explanation of what each of the options are for.
- Web page addresses - AutoComplete for the address typed in the address bar.
- Forms - Enable a user to fill out fields that are commonly completed such as e-mail, address, phone number, etc.
- User names and passwords on forms - Any forms that are requiring usernames. This can be helpful for users who are frequently needing to enter their username and password. However, can also be a security risk if that computer is used or accessible by other users.