What programs can I use to burn or create CD's on my computer?
Note: You must have a drive capable of burning information to a CD in order for any of the below programs to work. For example, a CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc. are a few examples of drives capable of creating CD's. A standard CD-ROM drive is not capable of creating a CD even if you have any of the below programs installed on your computer.
There are numerous software programs available today that enable users to create their own CD's. Below is a short list of some of the most popular programs used to copy, burn, and create audio and data CD's.
- CDBurnerXP Pro - Great free Microsoft windows CD and DVD burner software program.
- Nero - One of the most popular and widely recommended programs to create CD's.
- Alcohol 120% - Another popular and widely used program to create CD's.
- Easy Media Creator or Toast - Products from Roxio Easy Media Creator is a widely used program. Toast is one of the most popular programs to create CD's on Apple Macintosh computers.
If you're wanting to only burn an audio CD it's likely that you already have a program already installed on your computer capable of burning CDs. Below is a list of some of the commonly used programs to create audio CDs (in addition to those mentioned above).
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 - If you're running Microsoft Windows on your computer it's likely you already have Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you're running version 10 or higher and have a CD/DVD burner drive installed in your computer you can create audio CDs using it.
- Apple iTunes - All versions of Apple iTunes for the Mac and for IBM compatible computers are cable of burning CDs. If you have this program installed on your computer. You can also use it to create audio CDs.
Of course there are dozens of other programs that enable users to create their own CD's. If you are interested in something other than any of the above solutions try searching Google.