What program can I use to burn or create CD's on my computer?
Note: You must have a disc drive capable of burning a CD and a recordable disc (CD-R). For example, a CD-RW and DVD-RW are examples of drives capable of creating CD's. A standard CD-ROM drive cannot create a CD even with any of the below programs.
Create data and audio CD's
There are numerous software programs available today for creating CD's. Below is a short list of some of the most popular programs used to copy, burn, and create audio and data CD's.
- CDBurnerXP Pro - Free Microsoft Windows CD and DVD burner software program.
- Nero - One of the most popular and widely recommended programs to create CD's.
- Alcohol 120% - Another popular and widely used program to create CD's.
- Easy Media Creator or Toast - Products from Roxio Easy Media Creator is a widely used program. Toast is one of the most popular programs to create CD's on Apple Macintosh computers.
Only create audio CD's
If you only need to burn an audio CD it is very likely that you already have a program already installed on your computer capable of burning CDs. Below is a list of some of the commonly used programs to create audio CDs (in addition to those mentioned above).
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 - All latest versions of Microsoft Windows have Windows Media Player installed and can be used to create audio CDs.
- Apple iTunes - All versions of Apple iTunes for the Mac and Windows computers are cable of burning CDs. If you have this program installed on your computer. You can also use it to create audio CDs.
Other CD burning software
Of course there are dozens of other programs that enable users to create their own CD's. If you are interested in something other than any of the above solutions try searching Google.