How do I set a Windows screen saver password?
Adding a Microsoft Windows screen saver password can help protect your computer for the times when you're not at the computer. Below are the steps required for creating a password in Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, and later revisions of Microsoft Windows.
- Click Start
- Click Settings and click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Display Icon.
- In the Display Properties window, click the Screen Saver tab.
- Set the screen saver you want to use and specify the amount of time for Windows to wait until it displays that screen saver.
- Check the "Password protected" check box.
If you're using Microsoft Windows XP or later it will use the same password you use to login to the computer as the password for when you resume the computer from the screen saver. If you're using Microsoft Windows ME, 98, or Windows 95, you can specify the password you want to use by clicking the Change button.