How do I change my Windows screen saver?
Microsoft Windows users can change their screensaver and adjust its properties by following the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Personalization.
- Under the Personalization section, select Change screen saver.
- In Display click the Screen Saver tab.
- In the window that appears (shown below), under the Screen saver section, click the down arrow on the right side of the first box.
- Once you have selected your screen saver (if you do not want to have a screensaver select None) and adjusted any other settings to your liking, click Apply then Ok.
Tip: The Preview button allows you to try out a screen saver before you actually set it.
There is an option to add security for your idle computer in Microsoft Windows in the screen saver menu. If a user checks the box next to On resume, display logon screen, Windows will automatically take them to the logon screen when a screen saver has been active, and activity is resumed.
If you step away from your computer and want to let others know, setting the screen saver as 3D Text is a fast and easy way to leave a message displayed. Once selected, click the Settings button and look for the Text section in the new window. Locate the Custom text: box to change the text displayed in your screen saver. For example, you could change the text from the default to: I'm out to lunch, will be back at 1:00.