How to view Windows virtual memory or page file settings
How to view Windows virtual memory or page file settings.
To view the Microsoft Windows page file settings follow the below steps.
- Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Click Properties.
- In the System Properties Window click the Advanced system settings link or Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab click the Settings button under performance.
- Finally, click the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window. As shown in the picture to the below, this section will display how much virtual memory the computer is using and if so if needed allow you to change the settings.
Microsoft Windows 7 virtual memory example
- Is it a good idea to change my Microsoft Windows page file size?
- See the page file definition for further information and related links.