1. Short for Active Server Pages, an ASP page is a dynamically created web page that commonly ends with a .ASP extension that utilizes ActiveX scripting, usually VBScript or JScript code. The .aspx extension is used for Web pages that use Microsoft's ASP.NET. These pages are called "Web Forms", and can contain (X)HTML code as well as ASP.NET code. More information on ASP.NET can be found on the ASP.NET Website from Microsoft.
2. Short for Application Service Provider, ASP is a third-party provider that handles and distributes your business data and customer data.
3. Short for Authorized Service Provider, ASP is a location that has been authorized by the computer manufacturer as a place that can service your computer.
4. Short for AppleTalk Session Protocol, ASP is a portion of the AppleTalk protocol that receives responses from commands sent over AppleTalk.
5. Answer Set Programming, also known as ASP, is a declarative programming paradigm which is used to solve NP-hard computing problems. It reduces extremely difficult problems into simplified, stable problem models, and attempts to solve them using specialized programs known as answer set solvers. A good example of an Answer Set Programming language is AnsProlog, which is a specialized version of Prolog that avoids infinite loops when solving extremely difficult problems.
6. ASP is also a term also used to describe ASP.NET, which is an open source web application framework created by Microsoft. It allows programmers to develop dynamic websites and web services.
- The official ASP.NET page is found at http://www.asp.net/