The Windows Charms is a new feature that was introduced with Windows 8 that gives you access to Search, Share, Start, Devices, and Settings. This menu appears when you move you mouse on the top right-hand corner of the screen and then move down or by pressing the Windows key + C on the keyboard. The black bar along the right-hand side of the picture below is an example of what the Windows Charms looks like when open.
Description of each of the Windows 8 Charms
- Search (shortcut: Windows key + F) - Find and open any program or file.
- Share (shortcut: Windows key + H) - Share and send links, photos, and more to your friends and social networks in the app currently open.
- Start (shortcut: Windows key) - Open the Windows 8 Start Menu.
- Devices (shortcut: Windows key + K) - List available devices, for example a second screen.
- Settings (shortcut: Windows key + I) - View Start Settings, view settings such as battery monitor, volume, brightness, notifications, and the power (to shutdown computer). In Settings you'll also find More PC Settings at the bottom of the menu, which gives you all available settings that can be adjusted.