Technology developed by Microsoft that enables Microsoft Windows XP users to increase the overall quality of all fonts displayed on their computer. Microsoft Windows XP was the first operating system released that supported ClearType. To enable ClearType in Windows follow the below steps.
Windows Vista and 7 users
- Click Start
- In the search and run box type cttune.exe and press enter.
- This should open the Windows Clear type Text Tuner program, which should resemble the below example picture.
Windows XP users
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel double-click Display.
- In Display properties click the Appearance tab.
- In Appearance click the Effects button.
- In Effects check the option for Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts and select ClearType.