1. A ghost is a term used to describe a shadowing effect on any moving images on a screen. This issue can occur if you are using an older monitor, using a software effect, or system resources are low.
2. A description of a person who has gone offline, yet is still appearing as though they are still logged into chat or other service. Often when this occurs if the user attempts to log in again they will receive an error indicating they are already logged in and will have to wait for their account be timed out.
3. Ghosting is a form of cheating in online games where players that have died tell other players that are still alive where other players in the game are.
This is commonly done in a corporate environment where the same operating system and corporate software needs to be installed on dozens of different computers.
- Additional information about this product can be found on our Norton Ghost page.
- Additional information about the Symantec company can be found on our Symantec company information page.