1. A hacker is a term that first started being used in the 1960s and described a programmer or someone who hacked computer code. Later the term evolved into an individual who had an advanced understanding of computers, networking, programming, or hardware, but did not have any malicious intents.
Today, a malicious hacker is usually referred to as a black hat or criminal hacker, which describes any individual who illegally breaks into computer systems to damage or steal information. Some people who consider themselves leet may refer to themselves as a leet haxors, h4x0rs, or HaXXorZ. However, often these users are nothing more than script kiddies.
Although the media and most people think hackers are malicious, most hackers are people who are curious about how computers, networks, or programs work and are often exploring and learning.
- How do I become a hacker?
- How can I hack someone or something?
- How can I protect myself while online?
- Listing of computer hackers.
- Computer security questions and answers.
3. Hackers is a cult favorite movie first released on September 15, 1995, starring Angelina Jolie, Johnny Lee Miller, and Matthew Lillard.
Also see: Anonymous, Black hat, Cheat, Computer crime, Cracker, Cult of the Dead Cow, Ethical hacking, Game terms, Gray hat, Hack, Hacker Manifesto, Honey pot, HOPE, Intruder, Phishing, Phreak, Predator, Script kiddies, Security terms, White hat