1. Short for power-on self-test, the POST is a test the computer must complete to verify all hardware is working properly before starting the remainder of the boot process. If the computer passes the POST the computer will often return a single beep and if unsuccessful will create a beep code that indicates the error.
- Beep code listing and Power On Self Test help and support.
- POST troubleshooting steps.
- How does a computer work?
- Computer motherboard help and support.
2. When referring to a message board, a post refers to an article published on an Internet newsgroup, forum, or other bulletin board area. It is also the act of publishing such a message.