1. Short for power-on self-test, the POST is a test the computer must complete to verify all hardware is working properly before starting the remainder of the boot process. If the computer passes the POST the computer may return a single beep and if unsuccessful generate a beep code to indicate the error and not boot.
- Beep code listing and Power On Self Test help and support.
- POST troubleshooting steps.
- How does a computer work?
- Computer motherboard help and support.
2. When referring to a message board, a post refers to an article published on an Internet newsgroup, forum, or other bulletin board area. It is also the act of publishing such a message.