The act of a regularly scheduled check of the computer hardware or software to help ensure it continues to operate properly. Below is a list of some preventive maintenance steps you can take with your computer or computer hardware.
- Cleaning your computer hardware.
- Downloading the latest drivers for your hardware.
- Downloading the latest updates for your computer software.
- Verifying you have the latest anti-virus protection updates on your computer.
- Running disk software utilities such as Defrag and ScanDisk on your hard drive.
- Deleting unused programs or other files on your computer.
- If you don't turn off your computer it may be good to reboot your computer every few months, unless the computer is a critical computer such as a computer server.