Alternatively referred to as remote administration, remote admin is way to control another computer without being in front of the computer.
Below are some examples of how remote administration could be used.
- Remotely connect to run a program or grab a file you may not have access to on the current computer.
- Remotely connect to a computer to troubleshoot issues.
- Remotely shutdown a computer.
- Install software to another computer.
- Monitor the remote computers activity.
- How can I access my home computer from work or school?
- How can I remotely shutdown another Windows computer?