Sometimes abbreviated as WP, a word processor is a software program capable of creating, storing, and printing documents. Users using word processors can create a document and make any changes anywhere in the document. This document can then be saved for modification at a later time or be opened on any other computer using the same word processor. Today, the word processor is one of the most frequently used software programs on a computer, with Microsoft Word being one of the most popular of these types of programs.
Examples of commercial word processors
- Apple iWork - Pages
- Apple TextEdit - Apple Mac OS included Word processor
- Corel WordPerfect
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Works
- OpenOffice Writer
- Sun StarOffice
- Where can I get a free word processor?
- Microsoft Word questions and answers.
- All text related questions and answers.