Hector de Jesus Ruiz
Name: Hector de Jesus Ruiz
Born: December 25, 1945 in Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico
Computer related contributions
- Chairman and CEO of Advanced Nanotechnology Solutions Inc. and former CEO & executive chairman of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD).
- Worked at Texas Instruments for six years and Motorola for 22 years, advancing to become president of Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector before being recruited in 2000 by AMD founder Jerry Sanders.
Honors and awards
- Named a Distinguished Alumnus of the University of Texas (2012)
- Semico Bellwether Award (2009)
- Executive of the Year (2005)
- Fortune Magazine's Top 25 Business Leader (2006)
Related computer pioneers