Name: Jay Forrester
Born: July 14, 1918, Anselmo, Nebraska, USA
Computer related contributions
- Computer engineer and systems scientist known as the founder of System Dynamics, which is the simulation of interactions between objects in dynamic systems.
- In 1944 Forrester began development of an advanced aircraft flight simulator which later evolved to become the Whirlwind digital computer for experimental development of military combat information systems.
- While helping to develop Whirlwind came up with the idea of using magnetic core RAM.
- World Dynamics. Wright-Allen Press (1971)
- Principles of Systems, 2nd ed. Pegasus Communications (1968)
Honors and awards
- IEEE Medal of Honor
- Howard N. Potts Medal