Name: Reynold B. Johnson
Born: July 16, 1906
Death: September 15, 1998
Computer related contributions
- American inventor and computer pioneer known as the father of the disk drive.
- Invented the automatic test scoring equipment which he sold to his longtime employer IBM.
- He also invented the Videocassette tape.
- Developed the microphonograph technology used in the Fisher Price "Talk to Me Books."
- He obtained more than 90 patents.
Honors and awards
- Toy of the Year award from Fisher Price for the invention of the “Talk to Me Books” technology. National Medal of Technology from President Ronald Reagan (1986).