Name: Stephen Hawking
Born: January 8, 1942, Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Computer related contributions
- British theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author.
- Known for Black holes, Theoretical cosmology, Quantum gravity, and Hawking radiation.
- The Universe in a Nutshell (2001)
- A Brief History of Time (2008), which stayed on the British Sunday Times bestsellers list for a record-breaking 237 weeks.
- The Grand Design (2012)
Honors and awards
- Albert Einstein Award (1978)
- Wolf Prize (1988)
- Prince of Asturias Award (1989)
- Copley Medal (2006)
- Presidential Medal of Freedom (2009)
"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image."
"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."