Create a mosaic out of any image
Create a mosaic image out of any of your pictures from your own collection of images using AndreaMosaic. In the below picture, is an example of The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh that is created using dozens of other images and is an example of what this program is cable of doing. This is a free program and is available for all versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
How to use this program
- Download the program from AndreaMosaic.
- After the program has been installed on your computer you'll be prompted for the type of mosaic you wish to create, select Square Tiles (1:1) for your first trial mosaic.
- Under the Main Image to reproduce as a Mosaic, click the + image button to add the main image.
- Change any of the settings you wish to change. If you're not sure what the setting means, hover your mouse over the title to get a quick description.
- Click the Title Images button at the bottom of the window and browse to the folder that stores all your photos. For example, if you're a Microsoft Windows user most of your images are probably stored in the My Pictures folder.
- Finally, click the Create Mosaic button to create the mosaic image. Depending on the speed of your computer and settings you chose will determine the length of time it takes to create the mosaic. Often it can take several minutes to create a mosaic.