Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to organize folders in order of size  (Read 2437 times)

kwisj

Topic Starter

Rookie

how to organize folders in order of size
    « on: February 14, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »
    Hi
    Can any body tell me how to organize my folders in order of size? When I open my disc drive I can see all my folders, but I cannot organize them in order of size. When I right click, I get 4 options: name, size, type, and modified. But when I click on size, nothing happens. A similar thing happens  when I look at my disc through Total Commander. Individual archives are sorted by size, but the folders, which contain lots of archives and are all different sizes, are only sorted by name. This is extra annoying because I may want to find the last folder of archives that I downloaded, and I cant just click sort by date, because they are only sorted by name. Or even more annoying when I want to back up my disc, but don't want to back up video folders, which are really big. Therefore it would be great if I could just click sort by size and easily see where they are and remove them. Can any one advise me on how to sort this out? Or even suggest some freeware to do it for me?
    thanks for your time
    Kwisj
    XP Home Edition SP3

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

kwisj

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: how to organize folders in order of size
      « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:01:51 AM »
      thanx Allan  that looks just the job