Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Optiplex 320 tower  (Read 2337 times)

Bobby

Dell Optiplex 320 tower
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »
I have installed an additional drive in my computer and it has power but I'm unsure of which plug on the mother board to use for the data cable. One is black the other is white. Have acutally tried both but could not get the computer to see addtional hard drive connection using either plug.

Thanks.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Dell Optiplex 320 tower
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »
Is the data cable IDE or SATA?
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

EEVIAC

Re: Dell Optiplex 320 tower
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
By looking at the motherboard for that system, I'm confused..  You say your using either a white or black connector on the motherboard.  The only IDE/pata connector on the board is black, and there is one blue sata connector and three black sata connectors..

Edit:  my bad.. you must be using a sata drive... I saw another picture of the board..

Try connecting the drive to the connector next to blue connector... When your computer boots up, enter the BIOS and see if the drive is showing up in the inventory.. If the drive is showing up in the system, exit out and boot Windows normally and see if it shows up...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:34:31 PM by EEVIAC »