Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: D:\ is not a valid Win32 Application?  (Read 2546 times)

sonicfan1012

D:\ is not a valid Win32 Application?
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
For some reason, whenever I attempt to click my D:\ drive to use the CD i put into my computer, the message "D:\ is not a valid Win32 Application" comes up and nothing happens. This has never happened before, and I just had a massive overload of viruses, so I'm assuming it has something to do with viruses affecting my computer. And I'm pretty sure its not my CD that has the problem, since I tried another CD and it showed the same error. Does anyone know of a way to run my CD? I only need to run it once (I'm attempting to run the Windows XP CD to completely wipe my computer since its becoming very bad).
My computer is an hp intel pentium 4 with 512 mb of ram (yes i know it sucks) with windows SP2

EDIT: I found the answer...It seems that both disks were infected. I just tried both of them on another computer and they both did not work. Sorry.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: D:\ is not a valid Win32 Application?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
What do you mean the discs were infected ? ?

Even if by chance they were this would not be the error message you would recieve...if even you would recieve one...probably not.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: D:\ is not a valid Win32 Application?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
Does anyone know of a way to run my CD? I only need to run it once (I'm attempting to run the Windows XP CD to completely wipe my computer since its becoming very bad).

If you want to do a fresh install of XP, you boot to the disc. running the CD from within windows will only do a upgrade install, and only on Win95,98, NT4, or 2000.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.