Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: (1st Self Build) What order to load all the software, drivers ect . . .  (Read 4281 times)

macabdul

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Hi. I'm putting together my 1st self-build and need a bit of help in the info department. Here's what hardware I have;

Windows XP 32 (only until I purchase windows 7)
Antec 300 case
Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L mobo
Intel i5-750 CPU
Nvidia Geforce GTX285
Corsair vx550w PSU
Corsair (2x1gb) TwinX XMS3 DDR3
Samsung 500gb HD502HJ SpinPoint F3
LiteOn IHAP122-19 22x DVD+and-, 8xDVD
Saitek PK 02AV Eclipse II Wired Keyboard
Kensington Wireless Laser Mouse
22" Digimate - DGM L-2262WD Black, Widescreen LCD

Putting all the parts together was relatively easy. What I need is a little help with the order to install the software and drivers and when to go into the bios (and what I'm doing in there).

I couldn't find anything on the internet that gives this specific info. I'm presuming, as it seems logical, that you enter the bios 1st to tell it that the operating system can be found in the optical drive. Then you load the operating system from the optical drive . . . and that's about as much as I know.

From what I have I seem to be looking at the bios, the os (and any updates), drivers for hard drive, optical drive, mobo driver and updates (if needed) but if there is anything else then please let me know.

Any and all help will certainly be appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
MBoard chipset drivers 1st...
Then the rest of the order doesn't matter...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "