Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Full Screen/Window Game Crashes Computer  (Read 3993 times)

Teacake

Topic Starter

Starter

• "Girls can play video games too"
    Full Screen/Window Game Crashes Computer
    « on: March 06, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »
    Whenever I play Perfect World International on my laptop either immediately after I log in it crashes, 10-6hrs of play it crashes, it's just whenever I run it, it crashes. The majority of the time I play I also have ventrillo running as well so I can easily talk to people (my touch-pad mouse has become very sensitive so it clicks on it's on sometimes). I've tried going to the advance properties for "My Computer" and disabling the auto-restart that only worked for an hour or two but then again it could have no worked at all since my laptop can run for up to 6hrs while the game is running.

Here's some extra information: I have a Dell Studio 16(I think), it came with Win Vista-64bit and I upgraded it to Win 7-32bit just recently. I've tried updating my drivers and graphics/video cards but they won't update. Any help? I don't like using my desktop because it has vista as well, and it's slowed over the years and freezes easily even when your doing something simple.

If this is in the wrong section I apologize in advance, I'm fairly new to this site/forum.

cintari

Re: Full Screen/Window Game Crashes Computer
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
    Question time
    1. What are the actual specs on your Dell Studio XPS? They can vary depending on what upgrades you purchase with the computer.
    2. Have your ever cleaned your laptop (on the inside) in order to  remove dust off important areas (AKA cpu, fan, etc.)?
    3. Do you have a security system in your computer? If so, please list the programs that it consists of. (firewall, antivirus, antispyware)
    4. How many programs do you have? Or How much space of your hard drive have you used?

Sorry if the questions seemed a little thorough. If you need any further assistance, I'd be happy to assist you threw either the forums, chat, or remote pc program of your choice.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:03:12 AM by cintari »

Teacake

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
      Question time
      1. What are the actual specs on your Dell Studio XPS? They can vary depending on what upgrades you purchase with the computer.
      2. Have your ever cleaned your laptop (on the inside) in order to  remove dust off important areas (AKA cpu, fan, etc.)?
      3. Do you have a security system in your computer? If so, please list the programs that it consists of. (firewall, antivirus, antispyware)
      4. How many programs do you have? Or How much space of your hard drive have you used?

Sorry if the questions seemed a little thorough. If you need any further assistance, I'd be happy to assist you threw either the forums, chat, or remote pc program of your choice.

Good thing I saved the sticker that came on the box well here's what it says:

• Intel Core Duo T5800 (2.0GHz, 2MB cache, 800 MHz FSB)
      • 320GB Hard Drive; Used 262.2 on the OS(C:) and 4.66 on Recover(D:)
      • 4GB Memory
      • Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
      • Genuine Windows Vista
      • Home Premium with SP1 (63-bit)
      • Zone Alarm(Firewall) Immunet(Anti-Virus)

My uncle bought me this computer so that I can play video games and do a lot of web design, I have PhotoshopCS3, IllustratorCS4, and DreamweaverCS4. Those programs did not come with the pack although he did ask for them to download them onto the laptop or add them with everything. Can't really say how many programs I have some share a folder within the "Program Files" under (C:) but I can always have a on-screen web cast if you like. I have aim pro so if you have an aol username feel free to add me and I can show you what's actually on my computer if I haven't listed everything needed. And I have cleaned my fan and within my computer. I've tried cleaning my CD/DVD drive as well but it's built inside the laptop and it makes it hard to get at and see inside of it.

Teacake

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
        Bump?