Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please recommend a low cost video card that runs 3 displays  (Read 2593 times)

buzzman

Topic Starter

Starter

Please recommend a low cost video card that runs 3 displays
    « on: March 11, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »
    I recently purchased a Gateway DX4831-01E (6GB memory, Intel i3-530 processor, 1TB HD, 300 watt power supply, PCI express slot) for $550.  I don't know anything about video cards but heard that some cards have ATI eyefinity technology that allows 3 displays to be used with the one video card.  I only want the 3 displays for internet surfing and do not need a high end video card since I do not do any gaming.  If anyone can find a video card that can run 3 displays and only requires a 300 watt power supply computer that would be great, but I am guessing that I will need to change out my power supply to a higher wattage rated power supply.

Please provide a recommendation for a low cost video card and a low cost power supply that will meet my needs and include a link to a website where I can purchase it.

I am also not sure if I will need one of the displays to have a display port output or if I can use my display with a HDMI output and get a connector that converts a display port output on the video card to an HDMI output.

talldude123

Rookie

• I enjoy computers as well as public transit.
      Re: Please recommend a low cost video card that runs 3 displays
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
      If you don't care about games, you could use this video card. You would just need a S-Video to VGA converter, depending on what you plan on hooking up to the video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500127
      Woman - "Slow down, foreplay is an art"
      Man - "Well, if you don't get your canvas arranged soon, I'm gonna spill my paint!"