Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba laptop has white screen on bootup  (Read 4266 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

toshiba laptop has white screen on bootup
    « on: March 13, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »

my toshiba laptop has a white screen on bootup. I figured it might be the lCD that was bad, so I hooked it up to an external monitor. And there was the display. I thought that maybe the video driver on the laptoop was defective, so I decided to update the driver, but in the rush of thing I uninstalled it by mistake. And there went the display. Is there any way to set the driver to the state it was earlier by maybe resetting the BIOS somehow, and if so, how would i reset the BIOS.

I want to also eventually reload the OS, so that it will have all the right drivers. Is there a way to do that, maybe through an external drive or by putting this drive into another laptop?

talldude123

Rookie

• I enjoy computers as well as public transit.
      Re: toshiba laptop has white screen on bootup
      « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »
      Are you talking about a laptop or netbook?

If you want to re-install Windows, you should just be able to put the Windows CD into the drive and reboot and follow the directions.

To update your Bios, go to the toshiba website and download the BIOS update, and then install the BIOS (you will need a USB Stick to do that)
      Woman - "Slow down, foreplay is an art"
      Man - "Well, if you don't get your canvas arranged soon, I'm gonna spill my paint!"

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: toshiba laptop has white screen on bootup
        « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:44:49 PM »
        i know, its easy when there is video on the screen, but Im just getting a blank screen when I boot up, that is, plain white. And there isnt any display when i hook it to an external monitor either