Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installed Graphics card, no sound  (Read 2358 times)

reddevilggg

Topic Starter

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Installed Graphics card, no sound
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
I have an HP Pavillion with XP home and i have just installed a Radeon HD 4550 graphics card.

I would like to be able to disable the sound from the said card and use my' line out' from the PC as these are the only speakers I use.

Can I do this???

Thanks

More info, My Graphics card has a DVI and VGA. I have a VGA plugged into at the moment and speakers plugged into the line out, yet since i installed the card there as been no sound???
11 cheers for binary !

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Installed Graphics card, no sound
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 06:17:12 PM »
When your computer starts up, press the key to enter BIOS, find and enabled the onboard audio. The HDMI audio for your graphic card would of disabled this and possibly enabled HDMI audio instead (disable that if there and not wanted).

Start up Windows. Right click on the white speaker in your system tray, select Playback devices. Set the default to the original sound card.

If that didn't solve your problem or you wish to clean up and remove:
Uninstall the HDMI drivers from the Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices and re-install the old sound card drivers if necessary.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

reddevilggg

Topic Starter

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: Installed Graphics card, no sound
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »

Thanks Azzaboi,

I enabled the onboard audio in the BIOS, then after that i had to disable and enable a couple of things in the Device Manager. Now it works fine.

Nice one!! :D
11 cheers for binary !