Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP TO resolve page tearing!  (Read 4123 times)

PChelpp

Topic Starter

Rookie

HELP TO resolve page tearing!
    « on: March 28, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
    I have some serious page tearing in the sims 3, and it is getting rather annoying..how can I fix this?  :report:

Here are my system specs: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=gateway+fx6800&cid=13314886346559392839&sa=title&os=tech-specs

What component should I upgrade to get rid of the screen tearing...BY THE WAY, if I try to set my graphic cards setting all the way, the game's shrubbery turns to this:

What component should I upgrade to be capable of ramping the gpu settings?  Thank you for all the assist  :!:

the_mad_joker

Apprentice

Re: HELP TO resolve page tearing!
      « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »
      Graphics Processor / Vendor     ATI Radeon HD 4850
      Video Memory    512 MB

Do Anyone Other Using Nvidia get This Problem

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:06:15 AM »
      Please stick to one topic for help with a certain problem. More topics on the same subject doesn't mean more help.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

the_mad_joker

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
        Please stick to one topic for help with a certain problem. More topics on the same subject doesn't mean more help

Mister ,
                   Thats Releated To Topic Only ....If An Nvidia User Is Not Getting Such A Page  Tearing Problem Then There Might Be Problem With His ATI Card.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:20 PM »
        Mister ,
                   Thats Releated To Topic Only ....If An Nvidia User Is Not Getting Such A Page  Tearing Problem Then There Might Be Problem With His ATI Card.
        He is referring to http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,102693.msg694242.html#msg694242 , which has since been locked, and http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,102556.msg693351.html#msg693351, which is still open. This user made (at least) three of the exact same topic (two of which are in the same board).
        Where's MagicSpeed?
        Quote from: 'matt'
        He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.