Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor power light blinks  (Read 3739 times)

Im1sneakysnake

Monitor power light blinks
« on: July 10, 2005, 08:07:35 AM »
I have a 10 year old Compaq MV920 Monitor. I just added a 256 memory card to my 128 card now my monitor doesn't show a picture and the monitor power on light flashs.
I have hooked up a little 15 inch monitor I got at the computer dollar store for ten bucks and it works fine???

Raptor

Re: Monitor power light blinks
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »
Make certain all hardware is properly seated. Has the monitor worked before adding the memory module?

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 04:11:50 PM »
    Hello friend. Well according to situation you specify in your post....ummm.. I think this is onlu due to new RAM stick.
    I think your board has two RAM slots. If more then still try this one. Just intercgange the position of two RAM stick. So that if 128 is present on first slot and 256 MB on the second then, put 128 in the second and 256 in the first slot and vise versa. But remember you must start connecting from the first in case you have more than two RAM slots. So both RAM stick must be present on first two RAM slots (if your board has more than two RAM slots).
    If this works then fine otherwise take out both RAM sticks and clean the dust. Then again put them in the order described above.
    If still not working then you must check your new RAM stick on some other PC bcz it may possible that it is not working.
    One thing here is that your monitor is perfectly alright :-)
    Okay do take care of you and others and be happy.
    DeW
    do take care of you and others

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »
    Does you motherboard support this kind of ram upgrade
    Take the 256ramstick out......

Im1sneakysnake

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 07:17:06 PM »
    I did have the 128 ram stick in the first slot and the 256 second. didn't work I switched them and got the little monitor to work??
    Yes, my computer has 3 slots and will take up to 3 256 cards for a total of 768(?)
    Oh, by the way, thanks for the responses.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 02:03:23 PM »
    Thanks for the feed back......and it pays to have pairs of ramsticks that match?
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 02:03:53 PM by merlin_2 »