Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell 4600 solid power amber light - no signal to monitor..help!  (Read 4795 times)

mouse95338

Hello. So my Dell dimension 4600 just lost mointor/video signal one day. All the fans, drives and CPU were still workin away. I figured ok great my video card is blown(in my case the MB). So I install a new MB. Still no video or monitor signal....I have checked the diagnostic lights on the back and none of them are lite. I have tested the power supply - seems fine. I have unplugged everything other than the CPU, main and second power to MB. I am getting no error beeps. I am so lost here!! I need some help please!! Thanx

EEVIAC

Re: Dell 4600 solid power amber light - no signal to monitor..help!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »
I would have tried another monitor before buying another board.

Try hooking up a different monitor to the computer.  If that doesn't work try another monitor cable.

If you have no other monitor, try hooking up your current monitor to another computer.  If it works then it means there's something going on with your computer.  If not, then the problem is most likely that  your monitor is bad.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Dell 4600 solid power amber light - no signal to monitor..help!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:46 AM »
I agree - sounds like the cables / connection. And of course trying a different display would have been my first test also.