Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Display On Monitor !!  (Read 2581 times)

DKity

Topic Starter

Starter

No Display On Monitor !!
    « on: April 06, 2010, 10:48:48 AM »
    Hi All,

I have a P1V 1.7 GHz Computer, which is having a failure in Display. The System seems to be running, but no display on the Monitor is visible. Infact, I did check the Memory and Monitor, but there dont seem to any problem with them. However, I did remove the Memory and started the System without any Memory, the System ran ... but did not even beep for no memory installed ???

Meantime, I should also say that there is no single beep on switching the Computer
    which is normal. It seems to hve a problem, but unable to identify the issue.

Could anyone of your Guru's help me how to sort this problem, Please.

Thanks & Regards

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: No Display On Monitor !!
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:21:29 AM »
    1) The system cannot operate without memory (ram)
    2) Did you check the display on another computer?
    3) Did you try a different display on your computer?

DKity

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
      Thanks a Million Sir for your Prompt Response.

Yes .... I have 01 GB of Ram Installed in the System.  Infact, I have check the Display on another / and my own Computer, but the same problem persists.

As stated to you earlier. I did remove the Memory from the Slot and started the System. But there was no beep from the Computer indicating that the memory
      was not installed, could this be that the Motherboard is defective and not giving
      out beeps ???  Or could it be that the Processor is Defective and not working !!!

Looking forward to your Expert Advice, Sir. Thanks

Best Regards

Sn3akyP3t3

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
        Best to finish Allan's advice and perform testing steps 2 and 3.  This way you can rule out the monitor as being defective or not.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:35 AM »
        If you've tried the display on another system and it doesn't work I'd guess that should tell you something. The display is shot.

DKity

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:47:01 AM »
          Thanks .. However, kindly be informed that the Monitor is fully working as I checked it on another Computer. So the Monitor is not the Problem ???

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
          Infact, I have check the Display on another / and my own Computer, but the same problem persists.

You know what? I have a pretty good grasp of the language, and according to what you said above, the display DOES NOT work on another system. So let's be clear here - what works and what does not work?