Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Missing or corrupt file <windows root>system 32/ntoskrnl.exe  (Read 2678 times)

simonka

Missing or corrupt file <windows root>system 32/ntoskrnl.exe
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »
I have been trying to fix this corrupt file problem for  a whole night and now a day. I have a netbook, no drives, and did not come with  recovery disks of any sorts. I have been on the internet downloading registry programs, folders, recovery files, on  my memory stick, which it did not read,  my external cd rom drive which did not work, it will not go past reinstall <windows root>system 32/ntoskrnl.exe, corrupt or missing. I can access bios and tried default reload settings, didn't work. I have crashed other computers in bios and partitions so I don't want to go there again. How  and what can I try to reinstall this folder, and get some sleep! Any suggestions?/recovery downloads? and how to get your computer to read them?
Driving me nuts, but I will not give up until my netbook will be in non-recovery !

Thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Missing or corrupt file <windows root>system 32/ntoskrnl.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
From your post you say you're using a net book, not a note book. Is that right? In either case, we need to have more information about the model number of your computer. Both net books and notebooks are strange animals. Are we to assume that you're using windows XP on a net book? Most recent net books come with Windows 7, I believe.
If this is an embedded version of windows XP it is highly unlikely that you could've lost a critical file.
Please give us as much material you can about what type of computer this is and what your experience has been with it up to now.

And by the way, if this thing is under warranty it is not, in my opinion,  worth the time trying to figure out what's wrong with the thing. You need to get in touch with the manufacturer right away before the warranty expires.