Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to access part of a website...help needed!  (Read 6594 times)

alsummers

Unable to access part of a website...help needed!
« on: June 14, 2004, 10:21:43 AM »
Hi everyone,

It is in some desperation that I have been directed here via various search engines, in order to ask a question with regard to a particularly annoying problem I have.

For a couple of months now, I have been unable to access the forum on a particular 'flight simming' website (captainsim.com).  I used to be able to access it just fine, but one day, all of sudden, I was presented with a 'page cannot be displayed' message.  The forum on the website in question, uses a '.info' address...'www.captainsim.info/forum', I soon discovered that the only other part of the website that I can't access is their online store, which not suprisingly happens to also use the .info address.  Just as a sort of test, whilst messing around with addresses, I typed in www.captainsim.com/forum, and was presented with a test forum from the website.  If nothing else, this did at least seem to confirm that the part of the address that is being rejected is the '.info'.

I have tried adding the forum address to my trusted sites, deleted all cookies and cleared internet cache etc, disabled firewall, all with no success.

If anyone could offer me some advice on why all of a sudden I have been unable to access this part of the website in question, and what I may do to solve the problem, I would be most appreciative.  

I hasten to add that it is just me with this problem, I have discovered that others can access the forum in question with no problems at all.

Best regards,

Al.

merlin

Re: Unable to access part of a website...help need
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 10:30:42 AM »
try re-setting to defaults in internet options or try another browser like firefox or avant i have tried this site with no fault found or contact the web team for more advice>www.phpbb.com.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 10:55:31 AM »
Perhaps the website is down. Have you tried contacting the webmaster yet?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 01:18:46 PM »
    alsummers....I just visited the site in question and it appears to be working ok.....
    Have you changed any of your settings ?
    Perhaps try resetting them to default ( Internet settings)

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.