Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer wont start in normal mode, but does in safe mode... help  (Read 2943 times)

hunter02

HP pavillion dv6000
windows vista

ok. so a few weeks ago my computer wouldnt  start in normal mode, only in safe mode. it is still under warranty so i called and sent in my laptop to get fixed. I get it back and they say they had to replace a "board".  it worked for about 4 days and then started doing the same problem.  It starts and gets to a loading screen with a timer bar and then the screen goes black and then the screen turns off. so i call the warranty place again and they tell me to do a system restore.  this worked for about 2-3 weeks and now its doing the same thing as before.  i tried doing a system restore again and it still doesnt work.  so now im clueless, cityassure sucks and will do anything to keep from replacing my laptop. so now im looking for help elsewhere. 
if any one could give me some advice or help that would be great.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: My computer wont start in normal mode, but does in safe mode... help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »
Demand a replacement and let them know you're a Member of a PC Forum with almost 50,000 +  Members ...
You may want to hint you have also retained Counsel.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

Re: My computer wont start in normal mode, but does in safe mode... help
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »
Never never never monkey with a computer (or anything else) that is under warranty. You may void it and lose your rights.