Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front usb's not working  (Read 3366 times)

bluepen

Topic Starter

Rookie

Front usb's not working
    « on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:17 AM »
    Hi,
    I built myself a computer and it works fine. But ever since I have built it the front usb do not work. I thought I will try to get them sorted out but I don't know what else to do, I checked that they were plugged in and even switched sockets on the mobo but nothing.

Under device manager I get display of 4 usb controllers which must be the back four; they work fine. My motherboard is an asus p5b vm se and the cable to connect is all joint up rather than loose individuals bit. Thanks for any help.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Front usb's not working
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »
    If you've already checked that the front USB cable is plugged in and you've tried a diffeent socket, I would say the panel is dead.  You should be able to get a replacement from the case manufacturer though.

bluepen

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
      mmm that may be the case with the case but on the same panel the audio in/out are also present and they work fine. They must be separate from the usbs i suppose

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »
      They're on a separate cable yes which would explain why the USB ports don't work but the audio does.  Usually however the panel as a whole is replaced, some cases are different ... what case is it you're using?

hopemy

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:21 PM »
        I have a similar case. I can't plug my microphone to the front socket to listen music. I don't know why, and the back sockets work fine. I got this problem since the day I brought the computer. About 3 years..

bluepen

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 04:03:41 AM »
          I have this case:
          http://jeantech.com/a-r2.htm

It does have a one year warranty so I'll have a look to see if I still have the receipt or perhaps email them and see what they say about the situation.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
          I have a similar case. I can't plug my microphone to the front socket to listen music. I don't know why, and the back sockets work fine. I got this problem since the day I brought the computer. About 3 years..
          In your situation, it sounds like the HD Audio or Realtek AC '97 connector is not plugged in properly.  Check the manual for your case and motherboard to see what the conenctor looks like and where it should go.

I have this case:
          http://jeantech.com/a-r2.htm

It does have a one year warranty so I'll have a look to see if I still have the receipt or perhaps email them and see what they say about the situation.
          They should be able to replace it for you then, if it's still within warranty.  Good luck ...

purushottamaher

Rookie
            « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
            hello,

i think you are not connect this  front panel connector on motherboard.os its not working.

this connector having 9 pin female connector . on motherboard  there is also having 9

ping male connector & beside of this connector there is written USB name. for identifying

the connectors.on these M/B connector you connect this female connector properly.

then your front panel usb is working well.

regards,
             purushottamaher

http://www.esds.co.in.
            Purushottam Aher

hopemy

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
              In your situation, it sounds like the HD Audio or Realtek AC '97 connector is not plugged in properly.  Check the manual for your case and motherboard to see what the conenctor looks like and where it should go.
                 OK, I will check it..thanks ;)