Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EXCEL G&SC spreadsheet development  (Read 2481 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

EXCEL G&SC spreadsheet development
    « on: May 02, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
    I have produced an EXCEL spreadsheet for examining what is happening in the material development of our civilization and so expected future trends. I have done examinations for the global, US, Chinese and Australian economies. Based on my experience, I believe it will be a powerful, transparent tool to aid sound decision making.

I want to make the G&SC spreadsheet available globally so a range of experts can contribute to estimating the values in appropriate cells while using the associated charts as feedback. These estimates need to be backed by explanatory comments and appropriate references. This wide-ranging input will help to improve its credibility as well as providing better understanding of the complex issues.

I know that I can forward the spreadsheet using the Routing procedure. However, there may be means that I am unaware of that will be a more efficient way of having a central version of the spreadsheet which is being continually refined while participants can also have their versions so the can carry out trials.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: EXCEL G&SC spreadsheet development
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:48:52 AM »
    I'm wondering what G&SC means.  ???
    I know that I can forward the spreadsheet using the Routing procedure.
    What is "the Routing procedure"?

Some options you might consider:
    http://mashable.com/2008/02/06/forget-excel-14-online-spreadsheet-applications/
    http://www.expressocorp.com/

And, a lot more stuff to peruse here:
    http://www.google.com/search?aq=1&oq=online+excel&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=online+excel+spreadsheet

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »
      G&SC stands Growth and Senescence of Civilization. The spreadsheet takes into account factors affecting what is happening to our civilization. With development, it should prove to be a powerful, transparent tool to aid sound decisions about what measures should be used to ease the powering down of our civilization.

On the File list for Excel there is a Send to. One of these is Routing Recipient. This is a means of sending the spreadsheet as an attachment to a prepared list of recipients.

Thank you for the links. I will look at them and report back

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »
        I have looked at the links and am bewildered by the array of what is available. It appears there are a number of sites that would enable my G&SC to be online for perusal and modification in a systematic manner by, eventually, a large number of contributors. eXpresso is one example although it would involve a cost. It certainly provides the type of facilities that seem to be required. I would welcome more advice.