Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Urgent help needed re: Windows Security Alert virus  (Read 2406 times)

randombeing

Urgent help needed re: Windows Security Alert virus
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »
Hi everybody, and thank you so much for your generosity in participating on such a helpful, altruistic website!

I've got a serious problem with the "Windows Security Alert" hijack, but I am unable to follow any of the extant advice I've found on the site because I cannot even download or run new applications AT ALL for a number of reasons.

Here's what's happening in brief:

-the message "Windows security alert" continually appears in my tray, about once every eight or ten seconds. This is accompanied by an icon of a green shield with a checkmark over it called "Antispyware Soft"

-although I'm a Firefox user, occasionally I get an Explorer pop-up that I cannot close prompting me to download something called "Antispywaresoft - Powerfull (sic) PC Protection !"

-my search has been hijacked and will not work at all

-my downloads tab has been hijacked, and nearly every new security app I attempt to run is blocked by the virus. The only program I have been able to run successfully is TFC.exe, but I suspect even it is being interrupted

-I'm not even sure if I'm successfully downloading some of the anti-hijack programs I've attempted to use, as nothing I've attempted to download is showing up in the usual location when I attempt to search for it manually

In short, I am completely snarled and have no idea what to do next. Are there any specific dll files that I should destroy myself? Is there perhaps a webform virus scanner that won't be interrupted by this insidious little nasty? Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Paul

Jorian_P

Greenhorn

Re: Urgent help needed re: Windows Security Alert virus
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »
    Wow everything that you just said is happening to me too.  :o

marvinengland

Hopeful

USA