Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: backed up ALL files- restarted computer to factory condition- cant reload files  (Read 3337 times)

daylo

my computer was running rediculously slow. i got norton, didnt really help. didnt know what to do. then my cpu went crazy. bluescreen kept reappearing, then it kept restarting, sometimes going to the safemode screen, sometimes regularly. everytime i logged in, it repeated the process. so i got on hp help page, or whatever it is, (before windows could load i guess) and backed up all my files, then i restarted my computer back to factory condition. now after going through all the startup processes again, i cant figure out how to reload all my documents and pictures and such. i can find files, but when i open them, they are "corrupt" or i have to find a way to open it -via internet or other program- . is there an way i can get everything back to the way it was?
also, did i screw myself over in someway, or am i just stupid?

pcs365_2

Beginner

Hi,

I would like to know the operating system and also the error message  you get when you try to open the files.
    Please mention the pre installed operating system installed.

Please reply.
    PCS365.2
    Bangalore.

denverbronze

ahm files are already corrupted, it did happen also to my laptop but the good thing about acer there's an automatic restore command that even i wasn't able to open my laptop it did automatic back-up the files and i proceeded to reformat it without worries. Well, i suggest you look first to solutions in some sites like- supportrix.com/SUPPORTRIX/Main.php?do=LearnMore. Good luck.