Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Complicated problem with associations, need help!  (Read 3371 times)

morgie247

Complicated problem with associations, need help!
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:11:49 AM »
Hi, i had the Vista Guardian virus a while back and it just took over my PC. I has to get rid of the problem that day for assignment due in the next day. I tried lots of things but couldnt do it so i went the manual route which i know was a mistake. It got rid of the virus howwever i still have two problems.

If i want to get on any program it comes up with "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". So i have to right click everything and Run as Administrator. And i've tried to become the administrator but i still get errored.

My second error which i believe is similiar is set associations. I get the error "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Creat association in the Set Associations control panel". I've tried this and failed.

Please help me i can't put up with this problem anymore!

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru