Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EVDO (bsnl wirless connection) break ups frequently in xp  (Read 2440 times)

thycaud

EVDO (bsnl wirless connection) break ups frequently in xp
« on: June 03, 2010, 02:47:52 AM »
 I am using EVDO (bsnl wireless connection)  and my Operating system is windows Xp with service pack 2,the problem i am facing is my internet connection breaks every 10minutes.but the device is working properly in another systems with out any problem for hours

pcs365_2

Beginner

Re: EVDO (bsnl wirless connection) break ups frequently in xp
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
    Hi,

For your question, I'll assume you are using the EVDO USB modem.
    Open the software provided with the modem. The one which has a red coloured icon in the notification area - if you are connected.
    Double click on that icon. Or you can always open it from Start>All Programmes.
    Go to Settings>Options>Standby/Hibernate.
    Click the radio button "Prevent Standby/Hibernate". By default, standby/hibernate is enabled.

I guess it solves your problem. If not, contact customer care.

If your downloads break in between, I'd suggest you use a download manager. Also, don't use Internet Explorer. Its very slow & the least secure Internet Browser.
    I'd recommend you use Google Chrome, its the fastest (can only be installed live, connected), or Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.
    Use Internet Explorer only for those websites which are not compatible & won't open properly with the above mentioned browsers.
    PCS365.2
    Bangalore.