Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installation of wireles LAN  (Read 2650 times)

austine

installation of wireles LAN
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:48 AM »
Please I am having problem trying to install my wireless broadband. I have tried all the troubleshooting tactics that I kow of but it still won't come up. I am working on Acer Extensa 4220.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: installation of wireles LAN
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »
Is this a new computer?  Do you have a wireless router? 

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:50 AM »
Please describe exactly what you are doing, how you are doing it, and the exact problem you are encountering.

killerb255

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »
    Please I am having problem trying to install my wireless broadband. I have tried all the troubleshooting tactics that I kow of but it still won't come up. I am working on Acer Extensa 4220.

"Wireless broadband" can mean one of a few things:

1) Wireless Internet service, often provided through rural areas, but in some suburban and urban areas as well (although the pricing is usually not competitive with the standard cable/DSL/fiber offerings). 
    2) Cellular modem on a laptop, usually a PCMCIA, an ExpressCard, or a USB cellular modem provided by a cell phone service provider, like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. in the United States.
    3) A wireless router or wireless access point connected to a standard broadband cable/DSL/fiber modem (in this case, the term "Wireless Broadband" might be a misnomer, but the jury's still out on that one).  Of course the router could be connected to a cellular router (combining #2 and #3) or a wireless Internet provider's supplied modem (combining #1 and #3). 

So which one of these do you mean?
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

MendMyComputer

Rookie

• Yes
      • MendMyComputer
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:10 AM »
    If you have already plugged in your router and been through the setup discs that you no doubt recieved try viewing this video to see if it canhelp you diagnose where the fault is (either between your wireless and the router, or the router and the internet)
    Testing router and internet connection
    but really we need some more detailed info.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I work at  MendMyComputer