Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to Play modern games using my LCD tv  (Read 2202 times)

oclane

Topic Starter

Unable to Play modern games using my LCD tv
    « on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »
    Hi guys, i only just joined the forum but i have had significant  help from this site in trouble shooting my old Windows Me rig so im hoping you could help me again. I recently decided to improve my entertainment experience by purchasing a 28inch lcd tv to replace my old 19inch dell lcd monitor that was outdated and becoming faulty, i set-up the tv and linked it to the computers graphics card (Ati HD 2600) with a vga cable rather than the s-video because i hear the quality is very low, well upon doing this i am able to use the basic functions of my desktop computer eg internet and word processing and also some low demand games like Tribes 2 but when i go to play any graphics demanding games i reach a road block in the form of it not working at all usually it freezes or hangs. so im wondering whether linking the computer to the tv for more than surfing isnt possible as i have heard now that the tvs and the monitors have different specifications pixel wise, or if there is a way i would greatly appreciate your help.

System  specs

Windows vista 32bit
    500gb Hard drive
    2gb ddr 2 ram
    Ati HD 2600 (512 mb)

Thanks in advance :)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Unable to Play modern games using my LCD tv
      « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:42 AM »
      Were you able to play these games before the monitor change (with the 19 in.)? The problem you are experiencing is most generally related to a less than adequate graphics card and/or insufficient RAM. However there are other factors also that can affect your performance--so what is the answer to the 1st question?truenorth

oclane

Topic Starter

Re: Unable to Play modern games using my LCD tv
        « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:34 AM »
        yes i was able to play these games before the switch and i do have several hardware configurations i can use but they all produce the same result :S