Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random kernel power error, please help!  (Read 3250 times)

themastergecko

Random kernel power error, please help!
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »
Hey all,

I have a gateway GT5662 (http://www.gateway.com/product_spec....ecid=529667852), running Windows 7 (upgraded from vista). While I was running vista, and even now with 7, I keep getting Kernel Power errors. They're all the same: Source is Kernel-Power, Event ID is 41, Task category is (63). The computer sometimes reboots spontaneously, sometimes gives me wavy lines and then a BSOD, sometimes shuts down and refuses to start until I turn off the power and wait for a while. It seems to occur randomly, with neither rhyme nor reason. I did by a Back-UPS CS, thinking that it was brownouting. That helped for a little bit, but it's started doing it again--12 times in the last week. I have hit the forums, and the tips seem to be all over the board--some people say it's the audio drivers, others say it's a graphics issues, still others say it's a power issue...one guy even said his computer's case was shorting things out! Any help will be much appreciated, and if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'm completely stumped.

--TMG