Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta Help  (Read 3749 times)

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta Help
« on: July 20, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »
Hello all! Like many other people using Microsoft AntiSpyware, I received an update notification saying that a new version was available. 9The old version expires on July 31st) So I installed this update, and once it was done, I went into Microsoft AntiSpyware to see what was new... Well... I didn't see anything different... So I clicked on Help -> About... It shows the OLD version... The NEW version is not displayed! Do I need to reboot the computer to see results? It did not say that I had to, but I'm running out of ideas...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Computer_Commando

Re: Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta Help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 07:17:44 PM »
Next time you reboot (or shutdown and restart MS AntiSpyware) it will say:
Microsoft AntiSpyware Version:  1.0.615
This version expires on: 12/31/2005

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 07:20:56 PM »
ok. Thanks for shining light on this! I would reboot, but I'm a little busy with something, so I can't find the right time to do it... Ordinarily, when Microsoft has you update something, and it needs to reboot, it usually tells you to reboot... So I guess I was waiting for a message that would never come  ;) Thanks again!

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 05:57:44 AM »
Ok... Well.... Things didn't exactly work-out right... I just turned on the computer, and I still have the old AntoSpyware... Version  1.0.509 ... Not the new version... What should I do? Reinstall?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 06:11:44 AM »
Ok, I found this on the Microsoft Website... Quote: "Existing users of the beta (Builds 1.0.501, 1.0.509, 1.0.613, and 1.0.614) will receive a software update that includes the new beta refresh. The new beta refresh is also available for download through this site. "  That quote can be found on... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en ... Does anyone know where this update is on their website?

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:12:16 AM by flame »

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 06:35:14 AM »
I couldn't find the stand-alone update to MSAS that was released the other day. Why not just uninstall your current version and install the newest version from the link you provided above?

Good luck. 8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:36:04 AM by Sidewinder »
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 06:37:34 AM »
I would, but it's a pain. I'm sure there's a better way. Plus, if Microsoft says that the update is on their website, then I would expect that they have it up there...  :-/  I E-Mailed Microsoft a bit ago. We'll see if anyone returns with a link or something...
[glb]Flame[/glb]

Flame

Topic Starter

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 03:56:37 PM »
Nevermind guys. I got it  ;D  I just figured, heck, why not just reinstall... But, when I tried, it started to update the software! Not reinstall!  ;D so now everything is fine  ;D   Thanks!

[glb]Flame[/glb]

xxxcarriexxx

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 03:32:29 PM »
they are ment to be stopping update for this software . the company who supply it to microsoft are loosing too much money as it is a fee download this will be changing soon and it's not gonna be free for much longer. and i also heard antivirus updates for 98 and below are not going to be written any more.